Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Changing orbit of moons  (Read 6163 times)

DenisineD

Changing orbit of moons
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »
I ve tried something easy. 1 star, 1 planet and a moon.

When i decide to change the eccentricity or the angle of the orbit....the moon appear near the star and get swallow by it :/

Would be nice if we could truly lock the diameter or the mass, wich would change the density or lock the density and we could modified the mass of the object while changing is diameter. Well like in the previous US.

It also seem that we cant tidal lock an object or change is rotation period.

I tried to recreat one of my accretion solar system from the previous game and i just cant. lol

Any have theses problem?

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: Changing orbit of moons
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »
When you increase the ecc. then the moon can get out of the Hill Sphere of the planet.

Click the planet and mark the "Hill sphere" box. Lines will appear around the planet. If the moon's orbit gets past that limit, it will start orbiting the sun, because it is out of the planet's gravitational field

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »
Are you saying you want to change the axis of the planet/moon? Well if so, press the edit hand to the left of your screen and click and drag on the object to change the axis.

DenisineD

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
well it was kinda impossible to get out since the planet was taking 100 days to orbit and the moon was orbiting the planet in a little bit more than 15 hours. It was in the Hill sphere all the time.

DenisineD

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:18:44 PM »
I know for the axis, missing to see the angle in numbers. Its the rotation period that it seem we cant change it.