Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When is Alpha 19 going to be released?  (Read 4109 times)

dylan

When is Alpha 19 going to be released?
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:22:47 AM »
im just wondering and im not trying to rush the dev team but im wondering if you guy are almost ready to release Alpha 19 if not its ok but if the laser tool is done can you add it in a litle update cuz i realy want to try it and every one else want to try it
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:43:28 AM by Jar »

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
Re: a question i have
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
You must be patient, asking for features won't make them release any faster.

Plutonium

Re: a question i have
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 06:23:30 AM »
Please use descriptive topics!! How hard can it be??

Gordon Freeman

Re: When is Alpha 19 going to be released?
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:09:37 AM »
dylan, you're always asking for the next release date. Calm down and enjoy the current version as you wait for the next :)

dylan

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
dylan, you're always asking for the next release date. Calm down and enjoy the current version as you wait for the next :)
no i don't and i have nothing left to do to do on the current version and im not trying to rush to dev team like it saids here
im not trying to rush the dev team
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:27:39 PM by dylan »

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
When pigs fly dylan, when pigs fly...

Prometech

• Official Photographer of the Universe at large
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:23 PM »
I wish there was some way for us to see the development cycle, that way questions like this can be answered, as lack of any feed back can be either disheartening or just confusing for the people waiting on progress.
Like even a weekly blog post or something would be better than the several month silence we get.

dylan

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »
I wish there was some way for us to see the development cycle, that way questions like this can be answered, as lack of any feed back can be either disheartening or just confusing for the people waiting on progress.
Like even a weekly blog post or something would be better than the several month silence we get.

me to

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 11:53:15 PM »
no i don't and i have nothing left to do to do on the current version and im not trying to rush to dev team like it saids here

1. Sorry, I was confusing you with someone else. There are too many spam topics asking for this same thing
2. Play with something else then

I wholeheartedly agree, but you gotta cut them some slack. It's busy work programming something no one's done anything like before.

I feel like the devs have been extra quiet after α18. Perhaps US2 is going into beta stages  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 12:25:30 PM »
We don't have a good time estimate yet for when Alpha 19 will be ready. We hope to have it out in the next month or two, and we hope to include the new Roche limit fragmentation.

We've been working on a lot of big projects, many of which have a lot of interlocking parts with their own bugs and complexities. It takes a while to get all these parts to play well together, and then longer to get these projects working with everything else that's already in Universe Sandbox ². Universe simulators have a lot of moving parts.  :)

What are these big projects? Virtual reality, improved planetary details, rewritten stellar evolution, and rewritten user interface. And soon we'll have the new Roche limit and total body fragmentation. You can read more about all of these in our 2016 roadmap post: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2016/01/2016-roadmap/

We also try to have a new post up there every week or two. It's not always specifically what we're working on that week, but it discusses some of the things we're thinking about or working on long-term.

Hope that answers some questions!