Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why is it US2 Alpha?  (Read 6185 times)

Darvince

• 差不多
Why is it US2 Alpha?
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
I thought the new version was going to be Universe Sandbox 3, this is just highly confusing for all forumers and also, can't people that buy the Steam version see in their game that it is version 2.2?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Why is it US2 Alpha?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
Good question.

Undoubtedly this is a bit of a tricky situation, with complexities and nuances that might take entirely too long to explain... But in a nutshell: the version that is currently on Steam and universesandbox.com is version 2.2, as you point out, but the name is Universe Sandbox.  There is no 2 in the title of the game.  The upcoming release is the official sequel to that version, and so it is Universe Sandbox 2. 

Apologies for the confusion, but inevitably someone will be confused, whether it is called 2 or 3.  Thanks for being dedicated fans who are paying enough attention to realize the inconsistency here.  Hopefully now, though, everything is clear!   

But I'm pretty sure you won't care what it's called once you get your hands on Alpha... which, by the way, might be very soon.  ;)

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
So have you guys made a new logo yet? I can't wait to see it. :D

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »
New logo is still on the list of things to do. That said... I can't wait to see it either.

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
Haha I like how even though the name of the game on steam is "Universe Sandbox 2" Yet under my transaction page it is called "Universe Sandbox 3 Early Access" You can't hide it for long ;)