Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox doesn't start online  (Read 5641 times)

ebls

Universe Sandbox doesn't start online
« on: November 12, 2013, 04:25:24 AM »
I know I did something stupid, and I understand if no one believes.

I followed a guide on Steam, teaching how to unlock the "One Year" and "One Month" achievements using the cheat engine, and now my Universe Sandbox doesn't start online anymore.  I've never used this program before, I have no experience with it and I don't plan to use it anymore... And I know I should have never used a program with the name cheat...

I know it's something related to these achievements because this issue began exactly after the achievements were unlocked.  And if I start offline, it works perfectly.

Since I felt so bad about this situation, I immediately got in touch with Steam support asking for help, and, if possible, to delete these achievements. Unffortunately they can't do this. So, is there any chance to play this game online again?   I love so much the simulations, I even agree to buy it again if necessary.

Again, sorry for my terrible mistake (and for my bad english). And a I appreciate any help.

Unreal2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Universe Sandbox doesn't start online
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:01:11 AM »
Is your Universe Sandbox from Steam or is it a standalone?  If from Steam have it verify file integrity:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

If a standalone version re-install the program and see if that fixes it.  It sounds like you corrupted a file somewhere along the line.  No worries, we should get it sorted out.

ebls

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
Thanks for the help.

It is a Steam version.

I've already tried almost every solution suggested in forums like re-install, verify the integrity of game cache, re-install some versions of the Microsoft Visual C++, looking at something in the log files, etc.

I forgot to mention: at startup, it always, always opens the dialog box notifying "Universe Sandbox has encountered a problem", asking to send an error report.  I tried to restart, sending or no a report, restart in safe mode, but nothing works.  It only initiate when my Steam is offline.

Rbandboy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
You're not the only person having this issue.

I have a very similar issue, but now Steam alternates between giving me the "Startup Too Many" achievement and taking it away.  (If only I could show it on my profile...)

Safe mode only freezes the game, by the way.