Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: We're hiring someone to focus primarily on collisions  (Read 5387 times)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
We're hiring someone to focus primarily on collisions
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »
We're looking for a enthusiastic physics programmer interested develop a model of handling planetary collisions (and collisions at other scales of objects) for the upcoming sequel to Universe Sandbox. This is a 6+ month contract position, but has the potential to become more permanent.

Join a talented team and let's make something amazing hasn't been done before. Let's change the way the world perceives our universe and fragile planet.

Learn more about this contract position and how to apply:
http://universesandbox.com/blog/2013/10/physics-programmer/

mjduniverse

• Your lack of common sense disturbs me!
    • mjduniverse.com
Re: We're hiring someone to focus primarily on collisions
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »
Hopefully this makes this 3 year old development go faster. Good idea.

Hypernova

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:32:16 AM »
Oh how I wish I knew how to program. I would definitely love to work on handling planetary collisions, especially star collisions.

Question Dan, or to whoever works on the collisions, when two stars collide will we see them get more elongated as they get nearer and then ripped apart as they collide? Also, for small dense bodies such as neutron stars will we see a flash upon collision or any type of GRB effect? That would be phenomenal.

I just love massive collisions/explosions. I hope who ever gets this position does a great job!

Keep up the great work Dan

Hypernova

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:44:08 AM »
Seriously I would love this job so much! But I can't meet in person nor am I a programmer. Watching explosions in slow motion and interest in helping change the way the world perceives our universe and fragile planet, that's practically what I do in my free time. What an awesome chance to get to work with Dan

Also, if anyone is interested in watching a video on what we would do if a neutron star was headed toward Earth, although it'll never happen it's still awesome to watch, especially if you like collisions

Evacuate Earth (death by a neutron star) full movie in HD

It's long but worth the watch if you have the time

valentin123

• Argentinian alpha tester
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:20:05 AM »
i love collisions but i live in south america and i not got money to go there and even talk english very good