Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Austria will not win - Official EU4 MP Game  (Read 6624 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Austria will not win - Official EU4 MP Game
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »
Game name courtesy partially Yqt1001.

Since EU3 kind of fell out of favor and EU4 is about to be released in just a few weeks, I thought I'd alert people about the start of a potential multiplayer game. Simply post your top 1 - 3 picks for nations, and we'll wait for the release of the game!

People may want to discuss game day/times, because that will be an issue for people. We could use last game's times, or propose new ones.

Old Time: Saturdays 01 to 07 UTC and Sundays at 00 to 07 UTC (So if you're in NA Friday and Saturday Evenings)

Game begins ????

Players

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Austria will not win - Official EU4 MP Game
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '108866'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:43:54 AM by FiahOwl »

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
I'm going to be busy most of August so I don't know if I'd be able to make it only on Saturdays and then increase it to Saturdays and Sundays in September?

Anyways, top picks:
1. Austria
2. Bavaria
3. Ottomans

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 02:38:50 PM »
My picks, just to be public:
Hungary, England, Burgundy

I doubt I will be able to play Sundays, Fridays I can't until like 6 or 6:30 MST some days, Saturdays are free 100% so that's the best day.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:52:58 PM by atomic7732 »

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
Can't really into navy, although the navy is going to be important for trade routes.

I'm not really sure what I'd like to play as, though there are some ideas. Might change once I get EU4 and see how things are.

1. Austria Spain maybe.

2. I did well as Milan in an EU3 game, became emperor (though it wasn't easy doing it) and even formed Italy later in that game. So maybe Milan or one of the other Italian states.

3. Brandenburg might be a doable choice......

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »
Assuming I'm able to get said game:

1. Sweden
2. Denmark
3. Muscowy

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
where shud i pirate
jk

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 01:38:41 AM »

smjjames

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 08:29:04 AM »
where shud i pirate

STEAM!

On a bit more serious note, atomic and yqt, if you're in the HRE and I am Venice, would you let Venice into the HRE? Just gauging my options and yes I know you's have to be emperor. While I don't know if any other Italian states will be trading powers, Venice and Genoa definetly will be.

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
On a bit more serious note, atomic and yqt, if you're in the HRE and I am Venice, would you let Venice into the HRE? Just gauging my options and yes I know you's have to be emperor. While I don't know if any other Italian states will be trading powers, Venice and Genoa definetly will be.

Austria starts out as the emperor now. Austria also gets missions against Venice and Italian states depending on what France does. :P

Austria actually gets missions against everyone around it's border but Bavaria apparently. Depending on what "opposing the Ottoman advances in the Balkans and Hungary." means, if it's conquering the Balkans or just taking territory from the Ottomans in a war. Nonetheless, after going to Austria I plan on playing a little bit more historical...however that might not last too long. :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:32:49 AM by Yqt1001 »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 02:19:47 PM »
pirate not buy...

smjjames

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »

Austria starts out as the emperor now. Austria also gets missions against Venice and Italian states depending on what France does. :P

Austria actually gets missions against everyone around it's border but Bavaria apparently. Depending on what "opposing the Ottoman advances in the Balkans and Hungary." means, if it's conquering the Balkans or just taking territory from the Ottomans in a war. Nonetheless, after going to Austria I plan on playing a little bit more historical...however that might not last too long. :P

Yeah, there's even a mission in EU3 where Austria has to get access to the sea and Austria usually gets Trent, if not Venice itself as well.

It does have a mission to grab a few of Milans territories as well.

If the colonization is better done, perhaps I can do Spain, though I'm not great at navy in EU3.