Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black Screen Bug  (Read 5245 times)

Camstonisland

Black Screen Bug
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »
I used to play the game quite extensively, building solar systems, blowing up celestial bodies, etc., Until All of a sudden, one day, the game wouldn't properly open. At first I thought that it was still loading, but when I scrolled over parts of the screen the options were, The arrow turned into the pointing hand icon, and noticed 'its not loading, its just blackened out!' I tried reloading the game, downloading new copies, even tried changing the files with little to no success. I just want to find out how to fix this bug, or have it fixed in a possible version 2.1 bug fix. Other than the complete absence of visuals, the game works fine.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Black Screen Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »
Try restarting your computer... did that fix it?

Camstonisland

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:12 AM »
No... All the buttons work fine, I even pressed one and brought me to the buy universe sandbox page! Do I have to shut down my computer and reload, or can I just sleep/ log-off?

unl0cker

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 06:46:04 AM »
Sorry for barking in, but are you running this using wine or something like that?

Looks like a DirectX problem.

And you should RESTART.

Camstonisland

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
It now works, it just says that I am currently using the free version... A log-in button should be added in case this happens, so that you don't have to buy it again!

Ancalagon

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 02:43:13 AM »
Hello.
I don't know what happens, US2 is crashing many times, at this rate, the achievement 10^4 will be reached sooner than I thought  :D

I have just had the black screen bug, when I switch between windows, when I click again on US2,  the screen went all black, but the menu buttons were still there, as I remembered their location, I was able to toggle between fullscreen and window screen. Then I tried to blindly click on another the invisible menu to the right, and US2 finally crashed.

It seems that after some time playing the simulation it begins to be unstable. 

While I am writing this, I am experiencing the bug for the second time. (so twice in 15 min) :(

unl0cker

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:52:47 AM »
You guys need to grab the logs, zip them and place them here. So people can take a loot and try to help.

This is the sole purpose of logs... see what happened, when happened, and what triggered.

Camstonisland

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
I just need to find out how to log into universe sandbox.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »
um all you do is find the logs and post them here