Archive for January, 2017
Giant Army is looking for someone with a strong background in VR and Unity game development to join our team. You will be responsible for the continued development and improvement of our VR experience in Universe Sandbox ². If you love VR, science/astronomy, and Unity, this is your dream job!
This is a full-time, remote position.
Join us. We’re making something incredible that’s unlike anything else.
Photo Credit: LPVR Gaming
- Own the VR experience by building, improving, and optimizing as needed
- Brainstorm ideas for features and interactions that make it a uniquely compelling VR experience
- Work closely with Dan Dixon, creator & director, to execute on the vision for VR
- Willingness to experiment and quickly prototype to get everything “just right”
- Untap Universe Sandbox ² VR’s full potential by bringing (and maintaining) features to parity with our desktop version
- Loves VR gaming and is excited about the challenges that come with new technology
- Is a self-driven and talented programmer
- Writes clean code that is comprehensible to teammates
- Has already explored Universe Sandbox ² VR and loves it
- Hands-on VR development experience
- (Strong C# & Unity Engine experience) || (Experience with an entity component model & object-oriented programming)
- Familiar with version control (we use GitHub), task-management system (we use ZenHub), unit tests, code reviews, and so forth
- Works collaboratively (and remotely)
- Passion for science and astronomy
Giant Army is the company behind Universe Sandbox ². Our headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, USA, with team members across the United States, Germany, and Denmark.
Team members enjoy a flexible, collaborative environment. We strive for work-life balance, and we pursue the features that get us excited about science. We do the work so that we can share that with others. We’re committed to creating an accessible experience that can’t be found elsewhere.
Science is for everyone, and we welcome all qualified applicants.
Universe Sandbox ² is a space simulator that merges real-time gravity, climate, collision, and physical interactions to reveal the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet. It’s more than a game; it’s a way of experiencing and learning about reality in a way that’s never been done before.
How to Apply
Email us: jobs at universesandbox.com
In the email, please include:
- Relevant email subject
- Link to or copy of your resume or CV
- Relevant code sample/s
- Answer these questions:
- What is the most appealing part of this opportunity?
- What is your favorite VR experience and why?
- Where you initially heard about this job posting