Hiring a QA Lead
Giant Army is looking for a video game/simulation tester to join our team. You will work independently to create, maintain, and regularly execute the Universe Sandbox ² test plan on pre-release builds. It is essential that you are able to write up detailed bug reports and proactively work with the team to ensure they’ve been fixed.
The ideal candidate should have a scientific inquisitiveness when identifying potential bugs (“Should Jupiter be this hot?” “Wouldn’t that have destroyed the moon?”). We have an astrophysicist on the team; it’s okay to not know the answers, but you should be comfortable asking questions. Familiarity with Universe Sandbox ² is a bonus, but not required.
This is an hourly, remote, contract position with flexible hours.
Join us… we’re making something incredible that’s never been done before.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive test plan for the entire game
- Regularly review internal builds to make sure new features and fixes work as intended
- Review forums, videos, and feedback to identify user-reported bugs
- Log clear, concise descriptions and reproduction steps of all issue to our GitHub repository
- Communicate with our developers on Slack to help squash bugs
- Has experience with game/software testing and methodology, ideally in a lead capacity
- Has already spent many hours exploring Universe Sandbox ², loves it, and has spotted a bug or two
- Maintains a flexible schedule which allows for varying hours (depending on where we are in development cycle)
- Is comfortable testing with Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and VR hardware
- Ability to write clear descriptions and reproduction steps for bugs in English
- Detail-oriented and an eye for noticing when things aren’t quite right
- Intuition about science and how our simulations should work
- Comfortable working in a remote environment (the whole team is remote)
- Must own a Windows machine
Giant Army is the company behind Universe Sandbox ². Our headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, USA, with team members across the United States, Germany, and Denmark.
Team members enjoy a flexible, collaborative environment. We strive for work-life balance, and we pursue the features that get us excited about science. We do the work so that we can share that with others. We’re also committed to creating an accessible experience that can’t be found elsewhere.
Science is for everyone, and we welcome all qualified applicants.
Universe Sandbox ² is a space simulator that merges real-time gravity, climate, collision, and material interactions to reveal the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet. It’s more than a game; it’s a way of experiencing and learning about reality in a way that’s never been done before. Early access now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
How to Apply
Email us: jobs at universesandbox.com
In the email please include:
- Relevant email subject
- Link to or copy of your resume or CV
- Answer to this question:
- What is the most appealing part of this opportunity?
- Pick a game you’ve played or worked on recently and write a bug report (bonus points if you pick Universe Sandbox ²)
- These don’t need to be long. Succinct and clear is best.
- Where you originally heard about this job posting