Help Us Test the New Alpha 19 Preview
Thank you for your patience while we get Alpha 19 in top shape. We’ve hit a few snags in development, but it’s now looking better than ever, and we’re very excited to let everyone try it out.
We’d appreciate it if you could test the new preview version of Alpha 19 and let us know what you think.
Once you’ve opted in, please follow the start-up instructions and run the performance test.
Thanks for testing and for your patience!
How to Opt In to the latest Alpha 19 preview
1. Right-click on the game title in your Steam Library
2. Click on ‘Properties’
3. Select the ‘Betas’ tab
4. Set the dropdown menu to ‘alpha19preview’
5. Close the Properties window
6. Steam will now update Universe Sandbox ² to the preview version
7. Once updated, launch Universe Sandbox ²
What’s New & Improved in Alpha 19 x5
• Improved tidal heating & Roche fragmentation
• Improved explosion effects
• New fragment system for cold/hot, rocky/gaseous fragments
• Improved volatiles
• Many, many bug fixes
Check out the new tidal forces and explosions effects:
• Home > Open > Physics tab
• Home > Open > Explosions tab